Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1 week and counting

Caleb is officially one week old as of yesterday morning. My mom left yesterday morning. Mike went back to work yesterday morning. And I came down with what I suspect is mastitis yesterday morning, leaving me with horrible chills and an icky fever for most of the day. Aiden was grumpy already what with not having anybody around giving him their undivided attention anymore. Luckily, my in-laws came to the rescue and took him away to play at their house for the afternoon.

I still have a slight fever today but am overall feeling infinitely better than I did yesterday, so I may change my mind about calling the doctor to have them call in a prescription for some antibiotics. I think it is going away on its own. So, hooray for that. Aiden is grumpy again today. He loves the baby, but he wants me to play with him also, which is hard to find the time to do when le infant is wanting to eat every two hours, for at least half an hour each time, and frequently decides he doesn't want to go back to sleep unless I'm holding him afterwards. Hopefully he'll start sleeping for slightly longer stretches soon (I don't remember how long it takes before that happens). I am having a tough time figuring out how to balance the needs of both children along with my own needs.

Speaking of needs, both boys are asleep finally simultaneously. So, time for a nap!

1 comment:

K La said...

Be careful with Mastitis, usually is goes away with constant nursing (or pumping if you have one) and sleep, but if you have a fever for more than 48 hours you really want to see a doctor so it doesn't get into your blood. I would also be careful about taking antibiotics before you are really sick, it will kill the germ-fighting stuff in your breastmilk, leaving caleb open to sickness. But you probably already know all of this!