Friday, August 21, 2009

It's a boy, it's a boy, it's a boy, boy, boy

Sorry for the title, been watching a lot of Baby Signing Time the past few days and the repetitive songs are all stuck in my head.

Anyway, we are following the pattern thus far of both my older sisters, and having a second boy. While it would have been fun to go crazy on all the girly stuff had it been a girl, this will be good, as we don't have to buy any new clothes (we have LOTS of baby boy clothes), they can easily share a room for years and years (no cleaning out the storage room yet!), and I suspect they will absolutely adore playing with each other. Anyway, I am excited. Now I can start looking at baby names again. El Hijito was not at all shy in showing off, he likes being all curled up (surprise surprise for a fetus, I know), with his hands by his face and his legs crossed. This ultrasound, being a level 2 ultrasound, was much more detailed than the first one last time, so it was neat to see everything as the tech explained absolutely everything and what it was, etc, etc. And, so far so good, he looks to be a perfectly healthy little 11oz. fetus. I suspect I will have to have another ultrasound closer to my due date to make sure everything is still going well at that point.

Tonight is the ward campout. I need to get ready for it. Warm stuff to gather up, sandwiches to make, I don't know what else. I want to make some brownies first though. And my child is taking an afternoon nap for the first time in DAYS which I am very excited about, so I think I will go ahead and make the brownies while I have a chance. Supposedly, it's the best ever brownie recipe ever. I will report later on how they turned out.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Congratulations!