Wednesday, March 11, 2009


After waking up briefly at 6am, the baby and I both went back to sleep until about 9. Oh, heaven.

Then we went to Walmart, where I did not find 3/4 of what I was looking for, but did find a whole lotta baby food on sale so I bought a bunch because I still can't feed the kiddo a lot of what we eat very easily and making my own baby food is cool and all and generally cheaper but it takes SO MUCH TIME and it's handy (particularly when sick, like now) to just have some mush on hand to shovel in his hungry, hungry little mouth. I also bought some Cheerios in a hard little purse-sized container so that I can have something to refill since the Cheerios in the diaper bag in a baggie always end up crushed and leaving little Cheerio dust all over everything leaking out of the baggie. And I bought a small carton of Goldfish.

I fed about half of the carton of Goldfish to the babekins as we drove to Ikea, which is a pretty good-distance drive. It was his brunch. Yes. That is all I fed him for both breakfast and lunch (though he did have a lot of milk that morning). Also, we went to Ikea right during what would have been his naptime. He was almost asleep when we finally got there, and then I got him out of his carseat and kept him awake for several more hours while we wandered all over Ikea looking for just-the-right-thing and some shelves. He lost my little paper where I wrote the location of some shelves I wanted, so we did not get those, but we did get some other shelves I wanted and a just-right-for-now thing for babyproofing game controllers (it's a roll-top small cabinet that was on sale, yay!).

It was past the start of his normal afternoon-naptime by the time we finally left. He fell asleep in the car home, hooray. Then he woke up as soon as we got home, so I fed him some more milk, and put him in his crib for enforced naptime. He cooed at himself and played with his playthings in his crib for about half an hour before falling asleep until 5pm. I, meanwhile, ate a bag of Cheetos for lunch, followed by some hummus on a pita (oh yes, yesterday was the day of HEALTHY EATING HABITS all around). And then I assembled the roll-top thingy. And it took about two hours to put together. And it's pretty cheaply made, but it turned out nice and I'm quite pleased with it.

So then the baby wakes up, right as I'm done transferring all the controllers into the new cabinet and locking it up, so I feed him two things of the newly purchased baby food because, as expected, he was CRAZY HUNGRY and cried whenever I tried to stop feeding him. Then he played for about five minutes, then came and made me pick him up, and then he barfed all over both of us. I am sorry you ate too much, little man, but purple-baby-food barf is Gross. He went straight in the tub while I wiped off my clothes, then peeled off both our clothes and put them in a tidy pile on the floor of the bathroom and washed us both off in the tub until his Daddy got home (with dinner) and could go dry him off and put a diaper on him while I finished cleaning up the nasty gunk and threw all the clothes in the laundry machine and got dressed once again.

After that, was dinner time, so I ate a little bit (not a lot, because hey, it was salad, and yesterday was HEALTHY EATING HABITS day, so I obviously couldn't eat very much of my Chipotle salad, also, you know, there was the whole just-finished-cleaning-up-barf thing). And then the baby-man went to bed. And then we watched last week's episode of Heroes and were both amazed when it didn't Totally Suck like we were expecting it to. And then I went to bed.

Today, in addition to more sneezing (I believe I did not mention that I have been sneezing, sniffling, and coughing for days along with the rest of my family), we are going to the grocery store, where I will buy some food to make some super-easy dinners (hello, Soup!) until we are all recovered. And after that, maybe I will go in search of a summer baby hat for the child (not a baseball cap, thanks, I want something to keep the sun off his face and neck when we go a-walking), and maybe some little shoes for him since he's learning to walk, and maybe some more clothes for him since he has hardly any that fit right now and I'm tired of having to do laundry so often. But maybe not. Maybe we will just come home with our groceries and have some cold juice and maybe I will try to beat the 8th level of Katamari Damacy which currently is terribly difficult for me.

Also, we need to water the garden.

No comments: