Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Note to Self on Insanity

Never, ever, ever again plan to move to a new house during your last month of pregnancy. It just begs for complications.

The ultrasound yesterday was pretty fun. Baby was moving a lot and not being very cooperative, but the nurse got all the measurements she needed. She said his measurements indicate he's probably about 7lbs, 12oz right now, which is significantly larger than the OBGYN had estimated. Also, she said he has a very nicely shaped foot, he likes to show off his boy parts, and he has a chubby face and a good bit of hair, apparently. It's pretty cool knowing my baby has hair before I even get to see him in person.

So, I was pretty happy all night last night, and we got pizza to celebrate the good doctor's appointments, and it was a good day.

This morning I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. Rather energetic and restless. So, I got up and finished sewing the top of my t-shirt quilt. I still haven't taken a nap. I can tell, somewhere in the back of my head, that I'm tired, but there's this restless energy that isn't going away. I'm kind of hoping I'll crash and be able to take a nap soon.

My OBGYN called me about an hour ago. She got the results of the ultrasound, and was quite surprised by how big the baby is. Also, she said that I have a lot of amniotic fluid. Like, 15 to 20 is normal, and I'm measuring at 25. Extra amniotic fluid can apparently cause some complications during labor, like baby can unexpectedly turn around, or the umbilical cord can come out when the waters break (which can cut off blood flow to baby which is bad). So, she said considering the extra fluid and the unexpected bigness of baby, they'd like to induce me next week.

Yeah.

Next week.

My due date is the 28th.

Our closing date on our house is next week, on the 10th (that's Thursday).

We were planning on moving on the 14th, and having a lovely one or two weeks of living in the new house before baby guy got here.

But they want to induce me.

Next week.

So, I still need to schedule the actual induction, but our current plan of action, I guess, is for me to be induced next Thursday (yes, that's our closing date on the house), and then move in to the new house I guess on Saturday and Monday, because Mike will be taking work off anyway. And I will make them move my bed first, into our new bedroom, and then I will go hide in there with baby and sleep and rest while Mike and various family members and friends and maybe some people from the ward move all our stuff into the rest of the house.

I think it's not a bad plan. It's insane, yes. But not a bad plan, I don't think. I really wasn't expecting to get the new baby and the new house all in the same weekend, but there doesn't appear to be much I can do about it. I'm a wee bit stressed out about everything. Hopefully baby guy will cooperate and wait until next Thursday to come. If he comes before then while my house is still in a state of unpackedness, I may just start laughing maniacally, and turn my entire life over to other people to take care of for me.

I guess this will be a good lesson for me in letting other people help out.

Oh. My brother's birthday is the 10th. Maybe baby will share a birthday with his uncle.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I know I said to drink lots of fluid to help you have lots of amniotic fluid but how much did you drink?! I'm excited that your labor will be ending soon but I'm sorry that you'll have to end it with being induced; especially on your moving day. I'll call later to find out how you are doing.