Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sickly in love

It breaks my heart whenever Dusey gets a cold. He sounds so utterly miserable, coughing and sneezing and sniffling, and he doesn't sleep very well when he's sick, and I want to just bundle him into the bed and bring him soup and make him sleep and go to the store and get him some medicine that will magically make him feel better. Instead, he gets up and gets dressed and goes to work, often without any medicine because we're usually out because I never remember to buy any until we're sick again and then it gets all used up in a single bout of illness. And I, meanwhile, am generally also sick, and totally wussy, and stay home curled up in a blanket feeling miserable all day and refusing to take anything because I don't much like taking medicine. Anyway, I really need to go to the store today and get some medicine for Dusey to take so he won't be so utterly miserable after he gets home from work today. It's probably a good thing that he gets up and goes and does stuff even when he's sick, because he doesn't much like sitting around not doing anything.

We had a lovely Valentine's Day. Dusey got home from work with some roses and chocolates for me (yay!) to find me frantically trying to finish dinner because making dessert had ended up taking me about two hours longer than I thought it was going to. Finally I finished up and lit the candles on the table and presented him with a meal of spaghetti and meatballs (because I was thinking about Lady and the Tramp), and olive-cheese bread (delicious), and Strawberry Breeze juice, with my first ever attempt at eclairs for dessert (heart shaped chocolate eclairs that I completely messed up on the dough for so they ended up not at all puffy, but they still taste good, probably because they're chocolate, and filled with chocolate whipped cream, with a bittersweet chocolate glaze on top). He also opened up the card I painted for him. Not my best work of art, but it took me a long time and I'm proud of it even if it doesn't really look that cool.

After dinner was finished, we decided to leave the dishes be in the sink (they're still there, I need to wash them today). We watched an episode of Pushing Daisies that we hadn't seen yet, fetched the Valentine's Day treats from his parents off of our doorstep, drank some of the Martinelli's they gave us, and went to bed. It was a very nice relaxing evening, once I got dinner done. :) No crowds, no lines, just the two of us. I think I strained a muscle in the arch of my foot when I was on my feet for five hours trying to get the food all ready to go, and I ended up being entirely too sore and worn out (partially due to the cold, I'm sure) yesterday to do anything at all. The nice evening we had was worth it though. And we ended up with loads of leftovers, so I haven't had to cook anything since, which has been lovely.

Time for a little meme-thing about my hubby, hooray! For no other reason than that I feel like it.

1. What is his name? On my blog and most places online it's Dusey.
2. How long have you been together? Creeping up on two years of marriage, and about four years of dating before that.
3.Who eats more? Dusey does.
4. Who said I love you first? He did, and it surprised me, and I didn't know what to say, and he had to wait a couple of days for me to sort myself out and realize I loved him back and get up the guts to tell him so.
5. Who is taller? He is, by about five inches.
6. Who sings better? I think it's a toss-up. I haven't been singing much lately though, as baby has been compressing my ability to expand my rib cage and I've been getting lightheaded when I try to sing, so I just haven't been singing much.
7. Who is smarter? I think he is.
8. Who does the laundry? I'm supposed to, but he often ends up doing a load of his clothes because I'm not very good at regular laundering yet.
9. Who does the dishes? Again, I'm supposed to, but he often is nice and helps out because he gets sick of all the dishes in the sink.
10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? How do you define which side of the bed is the right side? Is it the side on the right if you're looking at it from the foot of the bed? Is it the side on the right if you're laying on your back in the bed? Is it the side that's better than the other sides? I'm going to say I do, but it really all depends on your definitions.
11. Who pays the bills? He does.
12. Who mows the lawn? We have no lawn to mow! I take care of our little patio garden, but he's the one that usually ends up sweeping the patio.
13. Who cooks dinner? I usually do, but he sometimes does. He's a great cook, he just doesn't have a lot of time to make anything, and doesn't like picking out recipes and getting all the ingredients like I do, thus why I usually do the cooking. Though he often ends up helping me chop and mix stuff because I'm often running late on getting the food to the table.
14. Who drives when you are together? Usually he does.
15. Who is more stubborn? I think I am.
16. Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Generally only one of us is wrong at any given time, so it's whoever the wrong person is. :)
17. Whose parents do you see the most? It used to be mine, until we moved to AZ, and now it's his, and will probably remain so until some point in the future when we move away.
18. Who kissed whom first? He kissed me first. On the cheek. While we were watching shooting stars. Soooo cute.
19. Who proposed? He did, but not without me getting pretty antsy and impatient.
20. Who is more sensitive? Definitely me. I blame it on hormones.
21. Who has more friends? He does. He's much more outgoing than I am.
22. Who has more siblings? I do. I don't think number of siblings has much to do with anything relating to our relationship though.
23. Who wears the pants in the family? We both wear pants, thanks. He's the income-earner though, and I do sometimes wear skirts and dresses, so I suppose you could say he wears the pants, but neither of us is really the other's boss (which was a silly yet interesting discussion we had last night after hearing Sayid on Lost say that everybody has a boss).

I like the music from Donkey Kong Country. I got the soundtrack on my computer, and am quite enjoying listening to it. Thus concludes your random tidbit for this blog post.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

I saw your comment on mormonmommywars.com. I am also (almost-tomorow) 30 weeks pregnant. I'm going to steal your meme for my blog I think.

Just thought I'd say hey!

Ted Lee said...

Dantzel was sick as well this weekend. She had like this weird sore throat bronchitis disease that we managed to shake off after I was running back and forth from the store (literally!) buying medicine. I know how you feel.

She now has a managable cough and slight sore throat. I'm glad it didn't evolve into pneumonia; then I read a rant from a cartoonist that his fiance had a cough that developed into a collapsed lung! I didn't even know that was possible!

Glad you had a good Valentine's Day. And the Donkey Kong Country soundtrack is not only awesome, it's frickin awesome.