Thursday, January 10, 2008

Picnics and sweets sound nice right now

I neglected to wish you all a Happy Three Kings Day on the 6th. My apologies.

My cold that I've had for the past week and a half has been getting progressively worse the past few days. Yesterday and today it's left me completely wiped out. I have been trying to be semi-productive anyway. So yesterday I did a bunch of laundry and today my only goal for myself is to make some food for my hubby to eat. Nicole, I got your present, and it is fabulous and adorable (and I can't wait for kiddo to wear that onesie next winter). Thank you so much! I still haven't sent either your Christmas nor your birthday present. I remain a bum who never goes to the post office.

Our breadmaker is having serious issues today. It has always kneaded the bread rather violently, but today it has gotten to the point of throwing the bread pan off its track during kneading, so then I hear horrible knocking noises and scratching noises and clanging noises (because it's still on enough at the bottom to be kneading the bread) as the pan bangs against the sides of the interior of the bread maker. I have had to reseat it about eight times so far. I need to figure out if there's anything I can do to stop it from doing that to itself.

I hope I don't get my poor Hubsyman sick. I am worried that he already caught my cold, as he was up last night for several minutes while trying to fall asleep, coughing and hacking and generally sounding miserable.

I don't know how so many people manage to cook normal meals for themselves and their families when they're sick. I am alread exhausted, thinking about cooking dinner makes me feel more exhausted. I am going to do it anyway, because it is my only goal for today, but man, if we had a slightly larger amount of disposable income each month, we'd be eating out every day this week (we've already eaten fast food a couple times this week). I should go buy one of the two cold medicines I'm allowed to take probably so I can feel up to doing stuff again.

Dusey's been getting home a little earlier than before from the Apple store this past week. It's been very nice getting to see him at 8:30pm rather than not until 10:30 or 11pm.

Oh, I just remembered something else I need to go to the Post Office to mail off. I should probably make that my goal for tomorrow. Go to the Post Office. I also need to sew some stuff for the craft store again.

Ah! Almost forgot. Our recipe website's URL has changed. It is now http://kadusey.com (with an a between the k and the d where there wasn't one before...getting the correct URL was one of my Christmas presents from Dusey). I don't think the old URL will work for much longer. One of these days we'll get our upload program for it working on our laptop again and I will add some more recipes into it.

Our new Primary class for this year is huge when compared to the end size of our class last year. There's nine kids in there, and we have by far the biggest class in the Senior Primary. They seem like good kids so far. It's nice having so many kids in class again, there's more people to answer questions and less direct competition between the kids for who gets to be at the front of the line to go to Sharing Time, etc.

I hope you're all having a pleasant New Year so far.

No comments: