Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Currently Listening: Beyond the Bounds

Well, I didn't win the contest, but whatever. Plenty of people around here that I can borrow movies from to watch.

I hope you all had a fabulous holiday break. I certainly did. We had a very nice Christmas, and received some very nice presents, which we've been using quite a bit since getting them. Dusey got a camera and an iPhone and I got a vacuum and new computer speakers. We got other small presents too, which have been very nice. My vacuum is really cool, it is fun to use. I got myself a Pregnant Pilates DVD which I tried out today that's a really good workout and will hopefully keep me in shape for the next four months. I also got myself a new paperback book - A Hundred Secret Senses by Amy Tan. I'm very excited to read it.

Between Christmas and New Years, my mom and younger siblings came down to visit, which was lovely. We did lots of stuff while they were here and it was the most I've been out and about consecutively in months. We went and saw Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesen West complex, which was very cool, and went to the Phoenix Art Museum which is always nice to visit. We checked out the Arizona Science Center, which I loved, though the rest of my family thought it was more geared towards little kids. We also went to the Arizona Natural History Museum, which had lots of cool minerals and dinosaur bones and I got to pan for gold while we were there, which was fun, though the water was freezing (pyrite, not real gold, btw). And we went to Mesa Golfland, which I always enjoy. And we played my little brother's new board game that he got for Christmas, Ticket to Ride, the Europe version, which was lots of fun, and we played our new card game that we got for Christmas, Citadels, which was also fun. And I went shopping with my mom, which I haven't gotten to do in ages. Anyway, it was really busy but thoroughly enjoyable, and I loved getting to see them again.

For New Years Eve we went to the Tempe block party with a friend and saw the BareNaked Ladies in concert for about an hour before we decided to go back to our friend's house for the actual New Year. Once back at his house we popped some confetti-shooting poppers, ate ice cream, and they played some games while I more or less fell asleep sitting up on the couch.

Oh, I also got a new niece during the holiday break. She's quite cute. And she reminds me that I've still got four months left to go which seems like a long time. Little guy has been growing a lot and my belly is finally big enough that people at church are noticing that I'm for sure pregnant and not just wearing big shirts on Sundays.

Doing pilates always makes me want to eat yogurts and salads. If I keep it up, I will have to start buying lots of yogurts and salads for myself to eat after every workout. Smoothies also sound delicious. I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. I also caught a cold over the holidays, so maybe I will just stay in bed tomorrow and nurse my nasal passages as well as my sore muscles. :P I need to go to the Post Office in the next couple days and mail some stuffs.

No comments: