Monday, November 05, 2007

W-w-w-wipe out!

This cold I have that I have caught from my darling husband has wiped me out today. I took a three hour nap this morning, only an hour and a half after waking up. I managed to do a load of laundry and fix Mike some food, but that has been about it for the day. He is working tonight, so I am trying to figure out something to do so my hormones don't get the better of me and leave me horribly sad and lonely all night.

We have been having computer problems here lately. I am suffering from the Curse of the Broken Left Speaker (second set in a row that the left speaker has died on me in as many weeks). Mike's PSU went out and apparently took his video card with it.

The dishes are never-ending. Someday I will get caught up on them. When I can climb up the stairs without wanting to curl up and die afterwards maybe. Okay, so it's not that bad, but seriously, it's pretty pitiful to watch me try and negotiate our stairs. I have apparently lost all my leg strength, in addition to which I am tired and my balance is out-of-whack.

We have been eating lots of healthy food lately. But on Saturday night, we went to the Elder's Quorum yearly Steak party night thing. Lots of young families congregating upon a park, steaks provided, bring something else to contribute to the otherwise potluck meal. I have decided that our bodies got used to hardly ever having beef anymore, and am blaming our subsequent indigestion upon the large steaks we consumed. They were tasty though, even if they did do a number on our insides (and, honestly, it could have been something else entirely that caused the indigestion, I am simply choosing to blame it on the beef). The one unhealthy thing I have been wanting lots of regularly lately (besides pie) is juice. Oh, lovely fruity sweet liquid. I probably should just drink more water and milk, and juice probably only sounds so delicious to me simply because we almost never have any, but oh, I have been wanting it.

I got stuff to make pies a few days ago. Maybe I will make a pie tonight. Then I will have fruity sweet goodness to eat. Juice sounds better than pie right now though, probably because I just ate dinner but am still thirsty.

No comments: