Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Mmm

First off, happy birthday to my fabulous younger brother!

I've felt very productive today. I did some dishes, and trimmed the fat off a bunch of chicken and stuck it in different marinades in the freezer (except for the bag that was for dinner). I made a loaf of bread, and I made the tastiest Chicken Divan I think I have ever had (with pre-marinated chicken and a fair bit extra mustard powder and curry powder). The bread I made was triple-apple bread, which unfortunately turned out tasting much saltier and much less appley than I had hoped for, so I decided to make some apple butter to put on it, which turned out great. Yesterday I finished reading (finally) the 11th Wheel of Time book, and reading it reminded me how much I like reading, so while I was making the apple butter today, I read The Mouse and the Motorcycle, which was a very fun quick read. I haven't read it since I was in elementary school. I need to finish doing the dishes, but other than that, I think I've done a fair amount today.

Tomorrow I am going to make rolls to take to Thanksgiving. I'm excited to try making my mom's roll recipe. I haven't ever tried it before, but it's always delicious when she makes it, so I am hopeful that they will turn out well.

No comments: