Monday, November 26, 2007

It's a boy!

Had my ultrasound this morning (early early, and I didn't manage to drink quite enough liquid beforehand, but whatever). The baby in my belly appears to be a quite active little thumb-sucking boy. He looks pretty cute so far from what we saw of him. Also, my due date based on the measurements she took is April 22nd rather than the 28th. Which is fine by me. :)

Thanksgiving ended up going really well. I was asked to bring rolls, so I made my grandma's Mother's Rolls recipe, which turned out quite well (could've used a little more butter, but I love really buttery rolls). Then we got there, and I ended up getting to make stuffing (with pre-seasoned stuffing bread crumbs, sauteed onion and celery, apples, parsley, and some nuts), and getting to season and mash the potatoes as well. There was, overall, lots of yummy food. We may steal the Christmas turkey and brine it though. :) The big meal was mid-afternoon, after which we played some pool, and then Mike's extended family came over for their traditional "pie night". My hips were hurting a lot, so I mostly just sat on the couch, but it was fun seeing everybody. However, somebody that showed up had a contagious virus. So, two days later, everybody was sick. I got sick Saturday night (very suddenly, in the midst of having a bunch of friends over, so they had to go home early), and Mike got sick on Sunday, so we both stayed home from church and he's staying home from work today so I can take care of him. Icky little bubbly stomach virus.

Anyway, maybe I will post another cute ultrasound picture up in here later so you can all see my cute baby sucking his thumb. He'll probably be big enough for me to feel him moving for sure in the next week or two. Now I can finally start thinking about names and decorating schemes and things! Yay! So much fun. :)

3 comments:

Marci said...

How exciting! You're following the sister's trend of having boys first. Rob and I were contemplating the name that Brice and Jeanna gave their little girl and we got onto the subject of what you might name your child. Rob thought something renassiancy (is that even a word?)because Mike likes sword fighting but we finally agreed that you would probably name your child some sort of Japanese anime name. We tried thinking of every name we could but we have only watched one anime movie in our life so our resources were pretty limited. Congrats again! We love you.

K la said...

Wow!! Congratulations! That is so exciting! Thought of any names?

Th. said...

.

I'm glad you got to eat before you got sick.

I can't believe I missed that you're pregnant--have you not mentioned it before, or have I been to lazy a reader?