Monday, October 15, 2007

Time for a new, non-disgusting update

Life seems to be going fine. Mike may accept a second job, part-time, evenings and weekends (to fit in around substituting) which may turn into a full-time, better-paying than substituting job after awhile. The pros, besides the possibility of better-job moving-up, are of course, having a bit more money and being able to afford life, and I think Mike would enjoy working there. The cons, of course, would be that he will be gone all the time, and I will miss him, and I will have to do a lot more during the day since he will not be able to take care of the house or the food-making for me anymore (which I ought to be doing anyway, at this point, since I think I have recovered mostly again from the blehs).

On Friday, we went to a birthday party for some friends at a specific friend's house. This guy has two, very large, long-haired cats, and the cats have free-reign of the house and are allowed anywhere they want. I am rather allergic to cats. Long-haired free-roaming ones are significantly worse than, say, short-haired cats that aren't allowed on the couch. Plus, I still had the vague remnants of my cold-ish thing. Long story short, by the time we went home, I was horribly stuffed up, my eyes were burning, I was coughing and sneezing regularly, and I had mostly lost my voice. After being in our cat-free car, and driving for a few minutes, I was relieved of much of the congestion and the eye-burning, but the after effects of spending several hours in close quarters with the cats lasted pretty much all day Saturday and I was completely tired and wiped out.

On Saturday, we went with Mike's brother and his wife to see Brian Regan. He was very funny, and I quickly discovered that laughing that much made my stomach really hurt a lot, and since I'm a little paranoid about stomach pains right now, I had to make the decision to stop laughing about halfway through the show and try to just smile instead. It was nice, since it kept my stomach from hurting so much, but the less-hurting also allowed me to realize that the theater seats are not very comfortable for pregnant women. At any rate, the show was highly entertaining, and I enjoyed going.

Yesterday, after an exhausting two hours of Primary Program Practice, we went over for dinner at Mike's parents, as we usually do on Sundays, which was very nice, and then we did some stuff, and then we came back home at about eight. Mike wanted to play a video game, so we got out Twilight Princess and I watched him play (as I have been doing the entire game). Also, I am in charge of the laptop and the walkthroughs on the internet and providing assistance as to where to go/what to do when needed. So he played, and eventually it was about midnight, and all he had left was fighting the main boss guy, really. And finishing collecting heart pieces. (With only two heart containers left, how can you not go find the ones you're missing?) At about two A.M. we'd finally figured out where all the heart pieces we'd missed were, and gotten them. I told Mike we should probably go to bed, but there was only the one big end boss (and the minions to fight through to get to him) left, and that if he wanted to stay up to get to him and fight him, we'd probably end up going to sleep at 4 A.M. When being so close to the end of such a very long game, it's exceedingly difficult to not just go ahead and finish it, and neither of us had any commitments for today, so he went ahead and beat the game. It was good, but we were hoping for a little more relationship resolution in the ending.

At about 4:15, the game over, the credits finished, we went to sleep. I was figuring I'd probably wake up at, oh, eleven or twelve. So we slept, and then the doorbell rang and woke me up. I nudged Mike a couple of times to wake him up enough to tell him that the doorbell rang. I don't think he was really very awake though, since after telling me he didn't know who or what or why he buried his face in his pillow and started snoring a bit. So I looked at my watch. 8:30. Who in their right minds rings anybody's doorbell at eight thirty in the morning without advance notice? I figured it was probably something important, like a neighbor telling us our car had been stolen, or our house was on fire, or something, so I threw on some clothes and went downstairs to see if the bell-ringer was still there. He was over at the neighbors, and saw me come out, so came over when he was done and talked to me as well. Apparently, this nice member of the home-owners association of our complex wanted to let us know that they're supposed to be sealing our little driveway to our parking area today, and that the sealers were supposed to be there an hour ago but hadn't come yet, and that if we wanted to use our cars today or tomorrow, we needed to move them to the parking spots on the little street that winds through the complex. They'd apparently put up signs about it on the mailbox, but he figured a lot of people don't read the signs on there (and we happen to check our mail rather infrequently), so he wanted to let everybody know. Which was very nice of him. I think I was still half asleep, and as such, didn't really think things through and just go move our cars by myself. Instead, I went and woke Mike up and made him move one of them while I moved the other, after which I told him we should go back to bed. I went back to bed, and he decided he was probably too awake to fall asleep so he went downstairs to do computer stuff. Three hours later, I finally achieved full consciousness, and went downstairs where I found Mike asleep on the couch.

That about sums up life right now. Oh, and we made delicious homemade (entirely from scratch, many thanks to Mike for doing the roll dough) pull-apart rolls. Two pans of them. And they are delicious, and almost gone (I suspect they might, maybe last a grand total of approximately 24 hours from the time they came out of the oven yesterday). I decided that I need to double the recipe for the topping, because they would be even better with twice as much ooey-gooey sugary orangey deliciousness on them. Plus they might not stick to the pan quite so bad if I put some more butter in the topping.

No comments: