Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm feeling better now

It is amazing how something so simple as eating tasty food for lunch can make me feel so much better. Greasy fried up smoked sausages, and soy milk (the vanilla stuff is really quite good) and garlic butter croissants (yay for pre-made pop-tube rolls).

I read through some of my blog archives from the last year and a half and it reminded me of a few things. First off, I have an adorably cute husband. Seriously, he is incredibly cute. Secondly, I love being married. It is so much better than not being married. Thirdly, wow, I used to skip work a lot. Shouldn't have done that. It was pretty stupid. Someday I hope to have a job that I don't desire to skip going to frequently. Fourthly, it may seem odd, but after an entire summer in Arizona, I miss being cold. And I miss the fall rain in Utah. And trees whose leaves change colors. And having to dress up warm to go outside. I have always hated being cold, but after four months of over 100 degree weather, I miss cold. It is down in the 90's this week, which seems fabulously nice out comparatively. I sure do wish it would rain though. Silly drought has deprived me of the awesomeness that is monsoons.

I'm so glad I have been so generally happy lately. Sure, my hormones still sometimes go all crazy and make me cry for silly reasons, but I haven't been really actually depressed at all for over a month now, I think. Maybe two months. Despite the heat, it's been a nice summer. I do miss the cold weather though, and my family. Things I do not miss about Utah: the jobs I had, the traffic between Salt Lake and Provo, early morning church, our tiny air-conditionless apartment with frequently faulty internet, and snow. I may miss it being cold, but I don't miss snow. Maybe I'll be missing snow in a couple months.

Also, I still love our car. I'm so glad we got it. It is fabulous. I love it.

Approximately a week and a half until October 1st and my big announcement. It may or may not be vaguely related to Halloween. Or a submarine. Or green beans. Or being lean. Bwahahaha, now you have no idea what I'm talking about! I should sharpen some pencils today.

1 comment:

Marci said...

I've been waiting with baited breath for your announcement. It had better be good after a month of suspense! (I have my theories but we'll see if I'm right tomorrow!)