Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Epiphany of the Evening

So, I had this dream last night, where this guy promised to show me something amazingly awesome. He took me under the ocean where we found a whale. "Now watch this," he said, and as I watched, the whale burped. He took me to see another one burp, and then a Blue Whale (which was actually brown). The Blue/Brown whale looked at us reproachfully after burping, as if to say, "Don't you know it's rude to watch someone burp?" And that was it. That was the big amazing thing of my dream. Whales burp.

(Upon googling it this morning, it appears that whales do not, in fact, burp, ever. Though cows burp a lot, and their methane expulsion (by burping) is thought to contribute significantly to the amounts of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere.)

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

I was just talking about this very subject with my freshmen.

Ted Lee said...

Dirty cows.

That is a pretty strange dream.