Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

It's been an eventful week, I guess. On Monday night we got a call from Mike's parents asking if we wanted to go to Disneyland with them and his brother's family on Wednesday. We decided it could be a lot of fun, so got ready for the trip. The two big items of getting ready that took the longest time were due to my hair. I've been sick of it for awhile, and can't get any recommendations for any good haircut places here that cost less than $80 (and I am NOT going to pay that much for a haircut), so we decided to take some action. First, Mike dyed my hair for me, with what the box claimed would be a golden brown (it turned out looking more like a vaguely strawberry brown, which is fine). Semi-permanent, so it'll fade out in about six weeks. Secondly, Mike cut my hair for me (I helped a bit evening it out at the end). We just did a shoulder-length bob, straight on the bottom, pretty easy to do, and I feathered the sides around my face a little to make it look more interesting. Overall, I think it turned out quite well.

After that was all done on Tuesday, and we were all packed up, we left in a caravan (our car, and Mike's brother's mini-van) to California. It was kind of a long drive, and we had to make a couple rather long stops so my sister-in-law could feed their month-old baby, but we finally made it to the hotel at about 1am. It was a nice hotel, but I didn't pay a lot of attention to it because I wanted to sleep, which I promptly did. Wednesday we spent the day at Disneyland and California Adventure. Thursday morning after breakfast at IHOP, we drove back home. It really was fun, but I'm still not sure if it was fun enough to be worth it.

We're going to start doing our taxes today. I am not looking forward to it.

My garden is growing nicely. I need cages for the tomato plants, as a couple of them are starting to get tippy. I think I will be able to harvest some fresh basil soon, which will be exciting.

No Easter baskets for us this year. I was good and didn't buy any candy because we haven't been eating very healthy this week and we don't need any extraneous sugary munchable things laying around to consume. No special Easter food for me to cook either, we're going over to Mike's parents' house for dinner tonight like we do every Sunday and they don't have a traditional Easter dinner. I'm too tired to cook a big meal anyway, so it'll be very nice.

Hopefully church today will be good. I get to teach CTR 8 for the first time today, the Easter lesson, which is a very important and fabulous lesson, but not the most interesting of the lessons in the manual for the kids to listen to. Hopefully they pay at least a little bit of attention.

I think I convinced our anime group down here (consisting of several of Mike's LANning friends) to do a group cosplay with us at AX. I volunteered to make costumes if they pay for the materials. Hopefully we'll be able to pick a series that they'd be interested in soon so I can get started planning things out and finding patterns and such (they're all guys, one of them has never cosplayed before and is a little unsure about the whole thing, and one of the others is only interested in doing recognizable costumes, so we'll see if we can come up with a series to cosplay from that satisfies both of them). I should get started on my other costumes this week.

The top of my quilt I'm working on is all done except for the borders. Need to go to the fabric store and get some material for that, and then I can start quilting.

I'm really not looking forward to the taxes (Mike's dad is going to help us with them after dinner, thus why we're starting on them today--we just barely got Mike's W2, which is why we haven't already done them).

1 comment:

Thirdmango said...

Bleach me thinks would be the best bet on that, plus they'd be comfortable costumes. Plus then you could have some do the less recognizable costumes too. I've never actually cosplayed though I'm sure i'd like it, I've also never been to an anime expo, though I'm sure I'd like it too. I'm boring in the world of anime.