Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Bugs, Cleaning, Wii, and I'm sick

I am suffering from either the beginnings of another cold, or from severe allergies. It makes me not want to do anything.

Yesterday I cleaned all day. Now our house is clean. Yay.

One of the reasons for the cleaning was that lately, I have found bugs that have decided to cohabit our residence. The cockroaches living in our home with us are very large, at approximately two inches long excluding antennaes. The ants living in our home are very small, approximately one millimetere long in total. The weevily things that were living in our rice were very small and extremely gross and I have no idea how they got inside the rice tupperware in the first place since there aren't any in the large bag of rice that was the source of all the rice. The occasinal other creepy-crawly critter in our home is generally just creepy-crawly and icky. The spiders are a variety of sizes but most lately have been quite small. The flies are tiny and very annoyingly everywhere. The ants that live in our garden are much larger than the ones inside, and they bite. At any rate, with all the bugs around recently, I have been completely grossed out, so yesterday I cleaned and disinfected the entire kitchen, took out all the trash in the house, picked up everywhere, did laundry, and vacuumed until our vacuum battery ran out. Hopefully the general cleanliness of everything will discourage the nasty little bugs from wandering around inside.

Seeing as my birthday is drawing ever closer, we decided to get an early birthday present for me, and purchased the one Wii available for purchase in Mesa (used, we had to camp out in front of EB Games all morning Saturday until they opened to get it too, it is rather amazing that they're still so hard to find). It is quite fun. We've been enjoying Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wii Sports, Wii Play, and ToeJam and Earl. Eventually we will get some more games hopefully (though not anytime soon as they're expensive), as well as some more nunchuks. We've got three controllers, and one nunchuk, and no Wavebird controllers which we may need to get some of eventually to be able to play more of the Virtual Console games (or GameCube games). It is counting as my birthday and anniversary presents, and as a bit of Christmas that was left over in our tiny savings.

I need to find a community down here to be a part of. I don't really feel like I fit in with the other people in our ward yet, and while the friends we've got here are nice and fun to hang out with, we always end up doing the exact same things all the time, and I would like some people to hang out with that are willing to do different things with me as well, like going window shopping, or getting together for dinners, or sewing or crafting or something. More friends would be nice, so I am going to explore possible communities that I could join (local campus clubs, non-campus clubs, something or other, hopefully involving some other girls near my age).

My throat and head both hurt a lot, so that's it for my update today.

1 comment:

Th. said...

.

Oh, I'm so sorry. We had roaches at our last place and, well, I'm sorry.