Monday, January 29, 2007

And so it begins

At the insanely early moment of 5:16 this morning, I got a phone call. My first offer of a substituting position. I turned it down, because I have a nasty icky cold and can't deal with second graders while my nose is running and I'm coughing so much (besides, I feel it would be somehow inherently unethical of me to go substitute while sick). A few minutes later, I declined a first grade substituting job. And a few minutes later, Mike's phone rang. And he, being the go-getter that he is, is out and about now, preparing for substituting a second grade class for the first time ever. Yay, Mike! And then I got another call for another substituting job that I didn't even listen to the details for because gosh darnit, I'm tired. I have the feeling that Mondays will always be this way, with at least several substituting jobs available. Yay for work. Boo for being sick. I feel unprepared anyway...need to get some supplies and things so I will have stuff to do with the childrens. And I just got another call for a 1st grade position. Bleh. So many calls. So little sleep. At least I know there's work available. I'm eager to hear how Mike's day went when he gets home. In the meantime, I should probably go back to sleep for awhile, wake up again, get ready for the day, prepare a meal plan for the week, go grocery shopping, clean the house, etc whatever. Is it weird that my husband's first day substituting has me almost as nervous as the thought of my own first day substituting?

No comments: