Friday, December 15, 2006

You framed the sun, shot out the stars, impaled the sky, and hung the moon

My body decided to wake me up at the horrendous hour of 6am today with sharp intense achy shooty moonsickness pain along with a healthy dose of general discomfort. And I hate this and I ran out of things that I can do while hurting, hurting, hurting and nauseous to boot that don't require my lower half to move in any way from where it is right now, and so I'm updating. Hooray for all of you. And way too much information from me like normal.

I had the opportunity to help host a baby shower last night. It was the first baby shower I've been to in the past seven or eight years probably, and the only one I've ever been to for someone not related to me, and so I managed to thoroughly embarrass myself by being the only person who didn't bring a present. They talked a lot about the various discomforts of pregnancy and nursing and shooting poop during diaper changes and other things that somehow just kind of solidified my desire for my own family while somehow also making it okay that don't have any kids of my own yet, if that makes any sense.

The black part of my nail decided to let air in between the nail and the nail bed yesterday so now it's got some funny whitish gray blotches on it where it's separated. I wish my nails grew faster so I could just be done with this whole fiasco.

My list of things to do before we move somehow keeps just getting bigger and bigger instead of shrinking like it's supposed to be doing.

So, I'm pretty positive we're planning on having a "we're going away" party on the 22nd (it's a Friday night). I don't know how late it will go, I'm not planning on it going really late because I have lots and lots of stuff to do, and I'm pretty sure that Anacaeca and her adorable family will be staying with us that night and going to the airport very early the next morning, so I really don't want to stay up really really late. So, everybody should plan on coming to the party, and you should also plan on it not going really late (and by not going really late I mean definitely not past midnight, and probably not past 11). We may be giving away some excess stuff too, that is simply not worth the bother of packing.

I need to take some painkillers. Bleh.

No comments: