Sunday, November 26, 2006

Come back...

I was woken up at about 4 o'clock this morning by Mike muttering something about ninjas while he was sleeping. I gave him a funny look, then noticed he was sound asleep, and reached over him and grabbed the alarm clock so I could set it so we wouldn't be late for church. (We still ended up being about a minute late) Being woken up by the mention of ninjas is still not as weird as the morning when I woke up and he wasn't asleep next to me and I couldn't hear him anywhere. If you'll allow me (and you will, because, hey, it's my blog), I will recreate with exactness the conversation that followed. Please, if you will, imagine both of the voices as being very, very tired and confused, with the words rather drawn out and, well, confused and tired.

"Mike"
"Yeah?"
"Where are you?"
"On the couch."
"...Why?"
"Would you believe me if I told you I didn't know?"
"...Come back..."

To this day, neither of us know why he decided, in a mostly-asleep stupor, that he ought to get up in the middle of the night and go sleep on the couch. But recreating the conversation never fails to result in both of us cracking up laughing.

No comments: