Friday, August 25, 2006

I admit it

I LOVE cello music. Growing up, I always thought of cellos as playing classical music, and wasn't that interested. But nowadays, I keep hearing songs with these beautiful rich tones, harmonies, moving rhythms that create this incredible tension. And it's the cellos. And I love them. Escaflowne has some great cello music. Noir has a couple songs with really good cello. The fact that they use cellos is one of the reasons why I would dearly love to hear more Apocalyptica music. Now, if I were to learn how to play a stringed instrument, I'd probably start first with the Peruvian harp, because I have access to one. After that, I'd love to learn how to play the bass. But if you ask me which stringed instrument I'd want to listen to if I were stuck on a desert island and it was my only possible source of music for the rest of my life, I'd definitely pick the cello. Violins and violas and all those other stringed instruments make beautiful music, this is true. But its the cello music that I love. Yo-Yo Ma, may your music live forever.

No comments: