Thursday, August 31, 2006

"And I love you"

[Current Mood | sleepy]
[Current Music |Weezer - My Best Friend]

Veng's parents are arriving in town tonight. This means I need to clean the apartment. I also need to work on my sculpture for class tonight. And pay our health insurance. And put away the clean laundry. And some other stuff too, undoubtedly. What I really want to do right now, though, is sleep. And then I want to wake up and eat banana bread with butter on it and chocolate nutritious instant breakfast, and take a walk down to visit my little brother who is now living in Helaman Halls, then magically have the truck so I can take him shopping and out to lunch, then drive home and sit in a lounge chair by the pool crocheting and/or reading until I feel like swimming...

I should stop the daydream before it gets any more unrealistic. If I let it continue, I'll soon have millions of dollars and a house by the beach and people will be buying my artwork from galleries and my stories from bookstores and I'll be a voice-actor on the side and my house will be full of perfect children who are wonderful and let me have time to do all the things I want to do. Never going to happen. Well, not all at once, at least.

I made homemade spaghetti sauce yesterday for the first time ever. Fresh tomatoes, salt, pepper, a bit of olive oil, garlic powder, onion flakes, parsley, basil, oregano, and thyme. And some sugar, of course. It turned out pretty tasty. I needed more tomatoes and more time to cook it so it could get really smooth and thick, but having neither, it still turned out alright.

Yesterday I ran into traffic from: a surveyor guy, rain, somebody who decided to drive 60mph in the left lane, road blocks around the hotel where President Bush was going to be staying, protests, and last but not least, traffic from the Real Salt Lake soccer game. After all that, I was still only 15 minutes late to class, which I thought was pretty good. And then I discovered I'd left all my pencils and erasers at home.

No comments: