Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Hoorah

The lovely internet is working again. Apparently there was some sucky splicing which had come apart somewhere between our jack and IT's switch. So IT was very kind and fixed it for us, and hopefully now it will stay fixed.

I hope everybody had an enjoyable 4th of July. Mine was not so enjoyable, but, eh, no big deal anymore. On the good side, we got a phone for our apartment which is actually pretty nice, and has an answering machine. I like it quite a lot (our old apartment phone did not work so wonderfully). It has two handsets (with only one base, which is great, because there's only one phone jack in the apartment). So we have the base in the kitchen with one handset, and the other handset is living in our computer room.

Today has so far been a good day. There was actually time for cuddle-time this morning, which I've missed lately. Then, over the course of about an hour, the internet got fixed, I did the dishes, and I attempted to make a tortilla de patatas (which would have worked wonderfully save it were for the fact that we only had one egg left...though it still tasted good in its' hash browns mixed with a scrambled egg form). I also cleaned up some random stuff in the apartment. And, I pre-ordered Season 2 of SuperGALS! (thanks for the tip, rDespair!) and finally went ahead and ordered disc 5 of season 1 so Veng and I can finish watching it sometime soon. Now I just need volumes 6 and 7 of the Marmalade Boy manga, and the last 3 discs of Last Exile, and a couple more of the Wheel of Time books (including however many haven't been released yet) and then all of our series collections will be complete (with the exception of the Yotsuba&! manga which has been put on a hiatus currently...grrr to ADV Manga).

For the rest of the day, I have the lovely opportunity of figuring out what to eat for lunch, followed by some more apartment cleaning (it's a never-ending job), some possible job hunting, then maybe some sewing. Should continue to be a good day.

EDIT: Happy 400th LiveJournal post to me!

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

Why the two online homes?

kirsa said...

Three, actually. I've got Blogger, LiveJournal, and Xanga blogs. I post the same thing in all of them. The only reason I have three, really, is because I have friends who use each one...I figured it would be more likely for them to read my blog if they had the convenience of it being in the same system they use, with being able to comment and things.