Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Boingly

I've done a lot lately, though I can't say most of it has been terribly productive. I finished the fifth Wheel of Time book, beat Monkey Island 1 and 2, led the congregation in singing hymns during sacrament meeting for the first time (that's my new calling), made some darn tasty chicken and dumplings, and some pretty-good shepherd's pie, and have been trying to survive incredibly hot days in our non-air-conditioned apartment. It gets up over 90 inside here every day, no matter when I close the windows and blinds, it seems. So, I bought some otter pops to eat, and even went so far as to take a cold bath yesterday, which I have never done before in my life. Next one I take will be a little colder, in hopes that I will stay cooled off for longer. I'm going to go to Book Club tonight, hopefully, though I might leave a little early. I thought it was going to be in the morning, but nay, it's at 7pm, which is precisely the worst time for me on Wednesdays. Hopefully I can squeeze in some book club and some film forum. We'll see. I'm supposed to read From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler for tonight, so I think I'll do that now.

2 comments:

Th. said...

.

Ahhh.

I love me my cold showers.

Th. said...

.

Blogger's messed up and won't let me comment on your last post which is one of the most excellent reading-love bits I've read in a long time. May I recommend to you Ex Libris, which was the last excellent reading-love bit I read?