Friday, June 30, 2006

Home for the Weekend

So, Veng didn't end up being able to get Monday off from work, so no AX for us, so we're home all weekend. Which is probably for the best in the long run. We're going to "dessert club" in our ward tonight, which hopefully will be fun. I'm really trying hard to be able to meet people in the ward so I can make some friends so I don't end up sitting by myself in Relief Society every Sunday any more. I hate that. I suck at remembering people's names though, and I think it makes the girls in my ward uncomfortable when I can't remember their names.

Despite knowing yesterday morning that we wouldn't be able to go to AX, I still bought a bunch of costume supplies so that I will be prepared to cosplay next time we go to an anime convention. I have almost everything I need for three different costumes: Ryo from Princess Nine, Sakura (older version) from Naruto, and Hitomi (movie version) from Escaflowne. Oh, and I still have the clothes to do Kyo from Fruits Basket too. I need a couple of wigs though, sometime. I don't think I'm ready to buy any yet, until I know when the next time is that we'll be going to an anime convention. At least I have some fun sewing projects to work on now. In addition to all my other sewing projects that I haven't finished yet. It's really hard to finish the t-shirt quilt though without a mat and roller-cutter thing (you think I'd know the name of those by now, but I totally don't). It's also hard to want to work on a quilt (even a simple light one) when it's the middle of summer and you have no air-conditioning in your apartment.

I finally got my resume all done last night. I will be sending it off today. On Monday, hopefully, I'll be able to take Veng to class so I can have the car in the morning and go apply at a couple more places.

Veng made a deal with me this morning that if I would clean up all of my stuff around the apartment, he'll clean up all of his stuff when he gets home. That'll be nice, because I've been getting frustrated with how messy it's been (even though it's as much my fault as his). So, cleaning today. I also want to do a bit of sewing. And of course, apply for those jobs. I'm really hopeful that I can get one of them, because all three sound enjoyable, at the least. Even if they don't end up being enjoyable though, a job is a job. So, here's hoping. I really want to be able to attend classes this fall, too, so hopefully I'll be able to get one with a slightly flexible schedule (I need to be off by about 4:30 to be able to get to Salt Lake by 6 for class).

I'm sorry for not commenting on Xanga blogs recently. BYU has been in the process of blocking, then unblocking all of Xanga this week, and I'm not sure if it's going to end up blocked or not. Anyways, it's been hard to check them. I'm currently all caught up on reading them as it's unblocked today, but I don't know if that will last. Not much of an excuse for not commenting...at any rate, all of my Xanga friends have my apologies.

Time to go get busy. Lots of stuff to do today.

No comments: