Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fears unfounded

As expected, nothing drastic happened yesterday. We returned some more of the random wedding presents that we got from parents' friends, and used the money at the respective stores to get a tiny bit more kitchen stuff, and a couple new outfits for me (yay!). I finally have a shirt to wear with one of the skirts that Veng brought back for me from Spain, so I'm quite excited about that. Our apartment is looking pretty sweet, we have two more pieces of furniture to get rid of (my parents want them) and then our living room will be so incredibly clean and organized, it'll be great. And it looks pretty sweet too. So we'll have to have people over again.

I finally went and got the rest of the Fruits Basket anime (it was on sale, it was the only time I've *ever* seen it on sale, so we got it). I'm looking forward to showing it to Veng finally. We had a fun date night on Monday where he patiently waited at Borders for several hours while I got caught up on some of my manga reading, then we went and ate really quick at Hogi Yogi / Teriyaki Sticks (I quite enjoyed the chicken chipotle sandwich), and then we saw a late showing of Cars. Now, I was not at all impressed by the previews for this movie. At all. But then I read Th's blog post about how much he and his family enjoyed it, and so I figured it had to be pretty good. And it was. We enjoyed it quite a lot, lots of funny little parts. The clip at the end at the Drive-In was quite entertaining. And though the overall storyline/plot was very predictable, they still managed to do a good job of it and make it an entertaining movie.

In other news, I seem to have acquired a cold. And it continues to amaze me just how often we have to a) go food shopping, and b) do laundry. I am not a good enough cook yet to be able to say "we'll just buy a bunch of this ingredient in bulk, I have 30 different recipes I can use that in this month" so we're still making a list every week and going and buying stuff for the dinners we've got planned out. Which has been working well, but it's a bit more expensive than I was expecting. At least we're eating well. And laundry, laundry never ends. I look forward to the day when we live somewhere with a washer and dryer so we don't have to use public laundry facilities anymore. I'm looking forward to that much, much more than having a dishwasher again, since I really don't mind washing dishes by hand all that much.

I'm glad you're all still alive. Thanks. :)

No comments: