Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Strawberry Lemonade

CountryTime now sells strawberry lemonade. The only way it could be better would be if it had a little more lemon juice in it, and strawberry chunks. Then it would be the perfect blend of sweet yet tart strawberriness, and beautifully sour lemonness.

Veng's parents are coming up this weekend to help with wedding planning. Veng will be swordfighting with John Clements all weekend, however, and so I will be in charge of giving them things to help with. This means I will have to rearrange my plans for the weekend a bit, which is alright, I guess.

I made an appointment to get my hair cut on Saturday afternoon. This will conflict a bit, undoubtedly, with various other things that need to be done this weekend, but it badly needs cutting, and I badly need to talk to the hair stylist about if she would be willing to do my hair for me on my wedding day. It will be nice to get that out of the way.

I also took the invitation files in to get proofs of them today. They said it would take 24-36 hours, which I think is ridiculous for printing off three files on their color printer. They also insisted on trying the proofs on their normal color-printing stock paper, which is not heavy, and makes the ink shiny, neither of which I like at all for invitations. I'm going to allow them to do it that way, and if I dislike it as much as I suspect I will, then we will discuss using their color press and some normal cardstock. Hopefully I can get them all printed by next week some time.

The lab results are back. All tests had normal results.

We're going to start using pastels in drawing tonight. I'm looking forward to attempting to copy a painting by Manet or Monet or some other Impressionist. We started mimicking a painting by a famous artist in painting last night too, using a very different technique. Our teacher put a slide in the projector of the painting, and left it incredibly out of focus, so that all we could see were fuzzy areas of color. Then he had us all paint that. Then, halfway through class, he put it slightly more in focus, so the blurriness shrunk, and there was a bit more detail, and we had to adjust our paintings to reflect that. Tomorrow, he'll focus it more, and then again to its final in-focus state. He claims this will help us see general colors and shapes better and how they interact with each other beneath the fine details of a painting. I just think it's fun (except for the part where I got orange paint all over my new cute white and green jacket).

I've been looking up wedding cake designs recently. I think it would be fun to have a pink strawberry-flavored cake with green frosting, but my mother is very dubious (she's making the cake), so we will have to experiment. I have found several other designs I like online, though I don't know if she'll like any of those any better. I will have a cake that I like, it's just a matter of finding one that she can make for me. :)

My emotions keep flip-flopping back and forth between being optimistic that everything will work out and being quite depressed from all the stress. I need to find a way to keep myself a little more evenly keeled.

No comments: