Friday, March 17, 2006

Note to self:

Do not expect to be completely healthy and back to normal a mere day after having surgery, even if you feel perfectly fine the next morning. You will probably start feeling progressively more sore as the day progresses, and end up feeling downright feverish (until you get the chills and become cold and clammy, that is) by the time you go to bed. Then when you wake up the next day, you will probably still feel feverish and clammy all at once. This means you should stay home from work and have another day of not getting ANYTHING done that you had planned to do during your spring break, because every time you have a spare second, your body will laugh at you and mock you with your inability to function properly.

My profoundest apologies to all of the people I saw in Provo yesterday if whatever I have is contagious and I somehow managed to infect you with it. I suspect that it is not contagious, and that it is simply the result of my body over-compensating for being cut open while already suffering from a week-old cold. Then again, maybe I have caught, somehow, the avian influenza and you will all get horribly, horribly ill. Dying isn't allowed either way.

No comments: